Tuesday, November 25, 2008

PTI Blog Hop



On the 25th of every month, Papertrey Ink has a blog hop. This is the first time I will be participating in this blog hop.

I made flowers using two different techniques.
The first idea I got was from Hero Arts. You stamp an image onto a clear cold laminate sheet with StazOn ink. Next you remove the paper backing and place a piece of patterned paper (face down) onto the sticky piece. Rub to remove any bubbles. Then place this into a container with enough water to cover the image. Allow it to sit for a few minutes to soften the paper. Then rub the paper off the back of the piece. Only the ink colour remains when all the white paper has been removed.



The second flower was made using a layering technique. I cut five circles of varying sizes. Crunched them and distressed the edges. Put them together with glue dots and finished off with a button and thread.

15 comments:

  1. Welcome to blog hop - my first was last month!
    Fabulous flowers!!! I'd forgotten that idea from Hero Arts - will have to give it a try; yours is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great flowers... I especially love the round one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome cards- I love the "newsprint"

    ReplyDelete
  4. bpth of these are very pretty...my fave is the newspaper one, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! Welcome to your first hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the PTI blog hop, I love both of your projects. Going to have to give the second flower a try it is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great flowers! I really like the second card, it has a nice vintage feel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how pretty! those flowers are so cool, love the vintage paper one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. TFS! Your flowers are very cute. I love the card with the layered flower. It is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your flowers - congrats on the new bog and on the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful job on both the laminate piece and the newsprint piece--so glad that you got to join this blog hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute projects. I really like the circle flower with the measuring tape for a stem. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, two really great ideas!! I've done that hero arts technique before and just love it (why didn't I think of it for the blog hop, sheesh, glad you did). And I really like the circle flower with the text and black paper! Very classy looking!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to the blog hop! Great ideas! I really like the look of the newsprint flower--so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice work. I've never seen the first technique before, so I am definitely going to try that sometime.

    The round flower was adorable as well!

    ReplyDelete